- The Advisory Council Voting Members approved a rollover of excess 2016 funds, funding reserves at 100%, and a financial review for 2016.
- Approved Walter Franek as Secretary.
- Approved a policy on memorials.
- Authorized the President to enter into a new contract, beginning January 1, 2017, with Intracoastal that reflects changes in both staffing and compensation.
- Authorized the President, Treasurer, and Secretary to investigate new relationship with financial institutions to maintain FDIC type coverage.
- Heard reports from the manager and a report on security cameras.
- Heard owner comments on the stream, large dog, parking, boat parade, signs, and putting rules in the directory.
The mangrove cutting will take place on December 15 until 21, 2016. A special presentation on mangroves will be scheduled sometime in January, the specific time to be announced later.
Our Bouchelle Cookbooks are in, ready for distribution, just in time for Christmas!! They will be available for sale at Saturday’s coffee and we are also setting up dates to sell them at the Clubhouse next week.
Toys for Tots: Christmas Cheer Program – Bouchelle Island Community with the New Smyrna Beach Police Department
Donations of toys can be left in the decorated box next to the Managers Office in the Bouchelle Club House. The toys will be picked up each evening and delivered to the New Smyrna Beach Police Department collection site in a timely manner. If your prefer a monetary donation, place it in an envelope marked TOYS FOR TOTS and put it in the office mailbox.
The program be in effect from November 14 until December 14
Thank you for your generosity.
There will be four open positions on the Board for next year; three are three-year terms and one is for one year. We need good people to stand for election to the Board. Please review the Board Candidate Information Sheet and complete the Board Candidate Application Form and deliver it to the office before 4:00 p.m. on February 3, 2017.
The new Bouchelle Directory was distributed at the September CSA Board meeting. If you were not able to get one then, please stop in the office. They will still be available for “snow birds” when they get here.
When you, as a resident, observe a violation of our rules and regulations and wish to register a complaint, please use the new official Complaint Form rather than sending emails or making phone calls. You may obtain the form by clicking here or by visiting the CSA office. You may deliver the completed, signed form either by visiting the office or by sending the form as an email attachment. Each submitted form will receive a response. We hope by using the form we will be able to adequately respond to each complaint.
Recently, there have been issues with recycling. The workers will NOT sort through items. If there are several items in the bin that don’t belong – they will dump it in with the regular trash and all your efforts will be wasted.
Click here for recycling information you should know and follow to help make our efforts more successful.